Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New/First Weapons - WIP! (Pic Heavy - Completed DL-33 on pg. 6!)

• 110 Replies

Jaa'det Otxoa

• You can't shoot what you can't see! OM #0872
Greetings Vode!

So I was out driving and came across this at a little tag sale on the side of the road:

The best part is that the lady wanted $10 for the whole box! Ori'jate!
So after being laid up for close to a month after a back injury I was down in the basement and the box 'o blasters started calling.  :o

So out of the box of 7 Nerf blasters I eyeballed a couple victims.... er, promising bases for 2 weapons to go with my new persona...
And the victims are:

I chose the LongStrike CS-6 and the Nite Finder EX-3, being that my new persona is a scout/sniper it was logical to use the longest blaster in the box... and of course you have to have the sidearm for those close-combat situations!  ;D

Next... Starting the Sidearm!

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2013, 01:46 PM by Jaa'det Otxoa » Logged
<->Firaxan Clan<->M.A.J.I.C. #096<->M.A. #049<->M.A.D. #016<->T.E.M.T.S. #035<-> 

Weapons: 53%
Beskar'gam
Buy'ce
Re: New/First Weapons - WIP!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2012, 03:27 PM »
I look forward to see what you do with the Longstrike.  I have one at home, but haven't decided how to modify all the "Nerf-y-ness" out of it.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2012, 04:12 PM »
I love moding Longstrikes ;D Iv done two now ;D my advise to get red of the nerfyness, Chop chop chop glue glue glue sand sand sand fill fill fill  :laugh:

in other words chop it up glue it back together sane off all the nefy bits (like those raised dots)  and then bondo it up a bit ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Jaa'det Otxoa

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2012, 05:12 PM »
Yep! had some fun with the jigsaw last night...  :P I'll be posting some pics of the mods to the Night Finder soon! Ha, it resembles a DL-22 at this point, planning on adding a scope from CPVC fittings and some greebs from an old hard drive!

<->Firaxan Clan<->M.A.J.I.C. #096<->M.A. #049<->M.A.D. #016<->T.E.M.T.S. #035<-> 

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Jaa'det Otxoa

« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2012, 11:42 AM »
UPDATE: Starting work on the Nite Finder, looking to make this a small sort of DL-22 or DL-44 style holdout blaster to use on a shin or thigh holster (depending on the finished size). So now on to the progress of the build:
So this is after the initial cracking the case and removing the nerf "core" and lens for the "laser sight":

Then after staring at the empty shell trying to envision what direction to take, debating on keeping the wiring intact or rewiring... out came the jigsaw and a little bit of streamlining:

Next it was off to Lowes and walking around the plumbing department trying to find materials to make a new barrel and scope.  :rolleyes:
What I came up with was to use 1/2" CPVC pipe since the fittings available vary more than normal PVC since the pipes have to be adaptable to connect to different types of plumbing pipes and this is what i have so far:

I am thinking that the barrel may be too long for a DL style blaster,  :-\ I am also debating on adding a tac light (9 LED mini flashlight) to the side of the charge chamber in front of the trigger and wiring it into the original trigger switch or just relocating the original internal led/housing for the laser sight to the top of the blaster or maybe both?
Another thing I am planning on doing is to add frosted plexi windows where the original nerf air chamber showed through the sides, illuminated by an LED as a Power/Armed indicator.
I do have most of the parts to build the scope as well, just need to get a few more pieces to replace the ones I ended up having to use to center the barrel in the body.
I know more de-nerfing is necessary (AKA, get rid of the big nerf logo in the "knob"... that will be taken care of with greebs in the form of a rotating switch cover to hide the pushbutton 'arm switch' to be mounted where the original nerf cocking ring was located).
Let me know what you think?  ;D 

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Jaa'det Otxoa

Re: New/First Weapons - WIP! (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2012, 04:24 PM »
UPDATE!!
Finally got to work a bit more on my sidearm...
I decided to shorten the barrel by 1.25" and added additional internal support for the barrel where it runs through the body:

I also have the basic body of the scope and approximate positioning of where it will be mounted on the blaster (I need to get new mounts since the one's I bought were a bit large for the diameter of the body of the scope)

Next steps:
- De-logo body
- Internal "Power/Armed" illumination
- "Laser Sight"

STAY TUNED...

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Adan Ordo

• The soon to be complete death watch mandlorian
« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2012, 02:49 AM »
Looks good so far

The reason for armor is for you can get close enough to a person with a blaster to attack him with your sword

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2012, 11:29 AM »
Sweeeeet .......  ;D

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Jaa'det Otxoa

« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2012, 11:50 AM »
Scope time...  ...and I'm not talking about the mouthwash!  :P

So I decided to relocate the "Laser" sight that was originally under the barrel to create a laser scope.
here are the parts:

1. The lens removed from dismantled sight with the adjustment arms removed and sanded smooth:

2. The "Laser" (red dot LED) assembly, after rewiring and shaving:

3. 3/4" CPVC, drilled out one end with a step bit to accommodate the diameter of the trimmed lens:

4. 3/4" to 1/2" CPVC coupler drilled out (to allow more of the lens to be seen)

5. Test fit all components and mount LED assembly in the other end of the sight and here is the business end!

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2012, 12:26 AM »
Looking good!

Jaa'det Otxoa

« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Wiring time!!!
So I decided to start on the lighting for the blaster last night... To start things off, I scrapped the LED strip from a busted lightsaber from my stepdaughter's 'Jedi Training Academy' birthday party last year
First thing was to add illumination to the rear of the scope for the viewfinder end of things:
1. I drilled a couple holes in the Red dot sight LED PC board for a rear LED

2. Next the epoxy coating was scraped away around the new holes and the led is soldered in

...And here's what it looks like when the trigger is pulled

...And when it's in the scope... (When mounted the wiring will be routed out the side of the body of the scope)

To hide the rear LED I will be making a Viewfinder/crosshair mask out of some heavy cardstock so that the crosshairs show when the trigger is pulled and mounting some type of lens in front of it.

Next step for the build is the "Activation/Power indicator":
I figured instead of bondoing the side windows I would use them as a power indicator...
The original idea was to put a piece of frosted clear plexi in the windows and illuminate with a couple LED's.
Instead I decided to use a piece of 5/8" I.D. clear reinforced tubing (for 2 reasons... It was easier to get & It was cheap & It looked cool! OK that's 3, nobody said I was the best at counting!  :P) and some of those scrapped lightsaber LED's

1. I cut it down to fit the gap between the internal couplers, drilled 3 holes the same diameter as the LED's, wired up the LED's to a switch to be mounted just above the trigger and voila, here it is installed on the blaster's core:

And with the shell on:

And a couple of close-ups of the window:

Next steps:
- Mount/glue all of the electronics in the body
- Mount/wire the scope
- Sand down, paint & mount the barrel
- Reassemble the body and Fill all of the gaps in the body
- Smooth out all logos & add greebs
- Paint & weather!

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce
« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2012, 07:50 PM »
I like the blue "energy pack discharge"!

« Reply #12 on: Aug 25, 2012, 05:29 PM »
That blue looks pretty wicked. Looks like that gat is gonna be seriously cool.

Cyre Katsew

• Let the hunt begin.
« Reply #13 on: Aug 25, 2012, 06:34 PM »
Pure genius.  8)

[img]https://scontent.fsnc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13133083_596307757199273_5612102754595310880_n.jpg?oh=e526b4349179d77de8bfd3728a9d4e17&oe=58601DE8[img]

Sirus the Red

• Now with OM status! #802 (Sy-rus, not Sir-ius!)
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Aug 25, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Following with interest, great work ner'vod!

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur!
(Today is a good day for someone else to die!)

Armor WIP thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52662.0

Weapon projects WIP thread
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=55824.15

deviantArt
http://argnarock.deviantart.com/

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!